Sunday 20 September 2015

Sepia Saturday 298 : 26 September 2015


Our theme image this week shows Nadine and Sylvia Szechenyi with their dogs in front of the Vanderbilt Mansion in New York. The two girls were the grand-daughters of Cornelius Vanderbilt, whose daughter, Gladys, had married the Hungarian Count Lazlo Szechenyi. The photograph - which can be found on the Estonia State Archive stream on Flickr -  was taken in 1931 and suggests themes such as girls, twos, dogs, steps and the mysterious number 18. As usual, all you have to do is to post your post and then link it to the list below.

Before you take your digital dog for a walk, why not see what is around the next lamp-post.



So there you are and as you are thinking of what to post for Sepia Saturday 298 on the 26 of September 2015, just think if you add all those numbers up, add one for luck and divide by the theme two you get the mysterious 18. Who says, Sepia Saturday isn't clever?


16 comments:

Helen Killeen Bauch McHargue said...

Sisters and pets are what I had in my picture boxes. The sisters in the prompt are fascinating...burned up a bit of time reading about them.

Little Nell said...

Posting early this week as I’m going to be away for a couple of weeks. See you all for the big 300.

ScotSue said...

For once I have abandoned the obvious, as I featured both little girls and dogs last year on Sepia Saturday. So here my theme is Powerful Pillars - take a look at the background on the right of the picture for my inspiration.

Kristin said...

Two sets of sisters, one set with a dog and one named Gladys.

La Nightingail said...

A little of this, a little of that, & a rather short entry for me this week after returning from a two-week vacation.

Jofeath said...

Some smiling spaniels from me - if we have dogs again, I'm all out of photos now!

Boobook said...

I'm back from holidays and happy to contribute again. Looking forward to reading the other blogs.

John said...

Spaniels and a trip to Hungary with poetry by Robert Burns and Carl Sandburg

John said...

I apologize for the double entry - the first one didn't work due to a slip of the fingers.

Wendy said...

Siblings and a dog but the story is not about them

21 Wits said...

I'm happy to say my photos are from my own family! Alan I'm hoping your vacationing is wonderful. Enjoy and share photos please!

Mike Brubaker said...

I've got another long story this weekend, so bring a snack and a drink. Be patient and you'll be rewarded with a dog.
A very very big dog.

Tattered and Lost said...

Sometimes it's just hard to remember where I am and what I'm doing. Thus in my confusion I have posted for a theme from many weeks ago. Roll with it. I do bring it all home by the end.

Anonymous said...

Close to home - my mother and her sister

Barbara Rogers said...

Yay for me, I posted on Sat, and I have some photos that are somewhat related to subject.

LA Nickers said...

Putting on the dog here ---

What do you wear to walk the dog?