Tuesday 1 September 2015

Sepia Saturday 295 : 5 September 2015


For Sepia Saturday 295 (post your posts on or around Saturday 5th September 2015) we are asking you to cut through the fog, reach out into the void, build bridges between different lands and, most important of all, not to miss the bus. Whatever prompt you care to find in our theme image this week, just link it to an old photograph of your own and tell us about it. Once you have posted your post, add a link to the list below.

Next week the theme is an old label from a wine bottle which is the last of my themes for a while - the themes for the rest of the year have been chosen by my fellow administrator, Marilyn. Thanks to her for her choices and to all of you for your continued support of Sepia Saturday.


For now, let us see where the bus will take us once it has crossed the bridge



15 comments:

ScotSue said...

Quick of the mark this week with some memories of bridges.

luvlinens said...

I have been absent too long. Good to get back into Sepia. Sharing a post of the Iconic Golden Gate Bridge in San Francisco, California

La Nightingail said...

Seven bridges & a very long pier in the foggy foggy dew! And I can honestly say, at one time or another, I have crossed all seven bridges over San Francisco Bay - sometimes in fog, sometimes not, & in a variety of vehicles: cars, buses, & even trains back when they ran on the Oakland-S.F. bridge. I've never been on the Berkeley Pier, however - and more's the pity now . . .

Tattered and Lost said...

The unofficial bridge from summer to fall in the US.

Jofeath said...

A couple of old foot bridges from my mother's family album and a couple more, plus something more solid.

Unknown said...

My father's bridge...

violet s said...

a bus on a bridge in fog ... nerve wracking, if not downright scary!

Anonymous said...

Two bridges leading to my grandfather's farm and then on to Paradise.

Alan Burnett said...

An old bridge in Great Yarmouth catches my attention this week.

Little Nell said...

Thank goodness Alan said it was HIS choice of prompt, otherwise this would look very suspicious!

Nonnie said...

The bridge shot is especially spectacular in the fog. I'm not sure that I'd want to drive on any bridge without being able to see the end of it.

Alex Daw said...

Through the mists of time....foggy memories

Mike Brubaker said...

Only 11:35 PM so it's still Saturday and I've beat the bell. I think I've got this bridge theme covered.

21 Wits said...

I missed the first couple of ferries but I finally crossed the bridge on over here, a day late but here!

L. D. said...

I was off base when I linked late to my overdue posting. I need to not post too late.