Tuesday 11 November 2014

Sepia Saturday 254 15 November 2014


Sometimes when you are battling against the flow of events you need a helping hand; someone to come along and give you a lift. Love is getting your feet wet so that others can remain dry. When a barrier needs to be overcome, two legs are better than four. Whatever lesson you care to read into this weeks Sepia Saturday theme image, all you have to do is to post a post on it and publish it on or around Saturday 15th November 2014. The image comes from the Flickr stream (or perhaps in this case, the Flickr River) of the Provincial Archives of Alberta and is simply called "Couple Crossing A River". Once you have posted your post, link it to the list below and then go along with the Sepia flow.

But before you get carried away, take a look at the next two Sepia Saturday subjects.

255 : Children, train sets, crafts, silhouettist,dogs, family groups
256 : Festivals, floats, feathers, fair maidens

That is all for the future. Now it is time to jump in to Sepia Saturday 254 and get you feet wet. You won't be alone - a fellow Sepian will be along to give you a helping hand.



18 comments:

Bel said...

I'm trying to get this post out quickly as tomorrow is a public holiday and I'm going to the races. I had an almost perfect shot for this week, with one major difference that will become obvious when you view it!

Little Nell said...

Trying not to get my feet wet!

Barbara said...

My feet are perfectly dry!

Barbara said...

Oh dear, I'm not doing very well, sorry. I've added a new link so perhaps you could remove the old one. Thanks Barbara

Kristin said...

A mystery couple crossing the water at the Meadows in 1939. Hope my comments will all show up this week!

La Nightingail said...

Holding many memories down the line.

Tattered and Lost said...

Truly giving someone a helping hand.

Wendy said...

Couples plus a pretty good match for the prompt photo

Postcardy said...

Embracing.

21 Wits said...

I sure hope someone had time to uncover more about that gigantic rock headed toward our couple, as Marilyn pointed out. Now I'm even more curious about what was going on in that photo!

ScotSue said...

Lots of hugs and cuddles from me this week!

Mike Brubaker said...

For this weekend I have no one wading in the water but I can offer three musical couples.

Bob Scotney said...

I don't like getting my feet wet.

Unknown said...

I will have something up later from a 1975 camping trip; good to be back

Barbara Rogers said...

A romantic adventure with some risk involved.

Anonymous said...

A couple where the bride may have been carried over the doorstep of the marital home.

Boobook said...

It's about 1976, and the young cousins are helping on the farm.

DougVernX said...

I've got a bridge for that guy in this week's prompt.