Tuesday 4 November 2014

Sepia Saturday 253 : 8 November 2014


I have to confess, I have never been a fisherman. The thought of sitting next to some damp river bank waiting for some obliging fish to bite leaves me cold. The thought of having to push a sharp hook through some non-obliging worm leaves me frozen. I am much happier with an old photograph of some fishermen, and that is just what we have for Sepia Saturday this week. It is a photograph that dates back to 1916 and which has been shared via Flickr Commons by Alberta Archives. All you need to do is to cast your digital hook into your collection of old images and come up with something that may or may not match our theme image. You might want to go with miners or with anglers, with fishy tales or with three men : whatever you go with just post your post on or around Saturday 8th November 2014 and add a link to the list below.

Whilst you are waiting for inspiration to bite, you might want to look at the next couple of Sepia Saturday themes.


254 : Couples, clinches, crossings, hitching a ride



255 : Children, train sets, crafts, silhouettist,dogs, family groups

So there we go. Sit back, clear your mind of all worries and cares. Cast your line and see what you can catch.


19 comments:

Bel said...

I'm early this week. Found the photo prompt very easy as I am from a family of fishermen and women!

Kerryn Taylor said...

I'll be away at the weekend so I'm a bit early too. Quite a few miners in my family,

Helen Killeen Bauch McHargue said...

I cannot think of fishing without recalling Jerome K. Jerome.

Barbara Rogers said...

Enjoying water in different forms, but no fishermen this week!

Bob Scotney said...

Fish I've come across - but now I only eat them.

Little Nell said...

This was nearly ‘the one that got away’ then I caught a couple of ‘tiddlers’.

La Nightingail said...

Fish & fishing in differing forms.

Jofeath said...

I've been fishing, but didn't come up with much!

Wendy said...

Fishing - what else?

Kristin said...

My uncle Hugh fishing at the Meadows in the 1930s.

Alan Burnett said...

Fishing with King George this week, and enjoying a soothing cigarette.

Postcardy said...

Funny fishy postcards.

Alex Daw said...

More cousin bait!

Anonymous said...

So far Kerryn and I are the only miners !

Mike Brubaker said...

No fish from me this weekend but instead a special story of poetry, chess, photography, and music (of course.)

Cassmob (Pauleen) said...

No tranquil contest between man and fish here.

Anonymous said...

Lots of miners over here!

21 Wits said...

Yes, I finally got to finish my post so I could be in this week! It's moo-delightful.

dakotaboo said...

Gone fishing