Tuesday 11 March 2014

Sepia Saturday 219 : 15 March 2014

We have Wendy Mathias to thank for our Sepia prompt once again this week and she points us in the direction of domes, ceilings, arches, and significant buildings. The dome in question is that of the Reading Room of the Library of Congress in Washington. There is a rather pleasing pattern to the image - which dates from the very beginning of the twentieth century - so you might want to add patterns to the list of possible interpretations. Whichever direction you decide to go in, all you have to do is to post your post to your blog on or around Saturday 15 March 2014 and then link it to the Linky List below.

Here is a look forward at the next couple of Sepia Saturday prompts:



220 - 22 March 2014 : Statues and monuments feature in this theme suggestion from Postcardy and there are chairs and flags there as well.



221 - 29 March 2014 : Floods and water are possible interpretations for our theme picture this week

Now put all thoughts of statues and flooded fields aside and come back inside under that fine symmetrical dome and get your posts ready for Sepia Saturday 219.



23 comments:

tony said...

I'm first!:)

Barbara Rogers said...

The dome is my interest...(sorry folks, if you have "word verification" on your comments, I just won't put myself through that, so my words of wisdom are not going to be shared there.)

ScotSue said...

Underneath the arches for me this week.

Little Nell said...

Two pleasure domes for you.

Barb, I think word verification has almost been eradicted after a polite request from me. Most people don’t know they have it switched on.

Brett Payne said...

I don't have any domes this week, but plenty of photographic interest, I'm sure.

My pet peeve is those who don't bother to leave a comment after reading my contribution. You may well have visited but if you don't leave a comment, I won't know. These comments are important feedback for most of us - it's what keeps us going week after week - so please make the effort.

La Nightingail said...

I've been beneath every dome depicted in my post - except the Calif. State Capitol Bldg. But my daughter's been there, so that counts.

luvlinens said...

Domes are awesome!

Postcardy said...

I have postcards of the Minnesota State Capitol.

Wendy said...

My beautiful college campus -- the freshman experience

Anonymous said...

I really do enjoy seeing how other people attack the themes - all so different and all with a story to tell of faraway places.

Colleen G. Brown Pasquale said...

Nature's Dome; or at least a Half Dome.

La Nightingail said...

Alan, I think we ought to have an "Open Addendum" Sepia prompt for things we forgot & left out of past posts. I've noticed lately some of us forgetting to include things in our orig. posts so we either add on to the orig. post after we've already posted it, or post a separate addendum. I know, myself, I've added forgotten things to the following week's post. An "Open Addendum" prompt, then, would allow everyone to 'catch up' by posting the things they forgot to include in past posts? Of course there should maybe be a time limit - but maybe not? It's an idea anyway.

DougVernX said...

Shhhhh! Please people, I'm trying to read!

Alex Daw said...

A bit all over the shop I'm afraid. Someone might be able to pick up a pattern....

Mike Brubaker said...

This theme defeats me, so I'm off topic with a photo that connects to my post from last week.

Colleen G. Brown Pasquale said...

If you require Google+ for comments I cannot post a comment. Sorry. I am not a member & don't want to share private info to sign up. :(

Éire Historian said...

Thanks for the inspiration. My post is entitled 'Within this plain facade'. What you see on the outside may not always be a reflection on what you see on the inside.

Howard said...

As usual, way off topic from me

Tattered and Lost said...

Not on theme, but colorful. Sadly colorful.

Anonymous said...

Popping in, been away,off topic. Im reposting a previous blog that has an update to it.

dakotaboo said...

It's been a while (again) but I'm back, and have picked out domes as my theme this week.

21 Wits said...

Wendy's dome theme struck this interesting tale for me.

Kristin said...

Pictures of the amazing Detroit Main Library murals and grand staircase plus some of my memories.