Thursday 7 November 2013

Sepia Saturday 202 : 9 November 2013


Huge apologies for setting a new world record for the lateness of putting up the Sepia Saturday Call. I would love to be able to say that this was the result of becoming so involved in the editing of "The Best Of Sepia Saturday", that I have lost track of time : but I can't. It was a toxic cocktail of domestic chores and November lethargy which brought about a coagulation of the Sepia Saturday process. But fear not, I have prescribed myself some Sepia Warfarin in order to restart the creative flow and thus here - a little late but nevertheless peculiar - is our prompt for Sepia Saturday 202 (Post your posts on or around Saturday 9th November 2013).  Our prompt image comes from the Flickr Commons collection of the National Media Museum and features a beach photographer, a woman, and Felix the Cat! (who say's I never give you plenty of theme options?). As usual, post your post and then link it to the Linky List below.

Before I sink back under the rice pudding skin of Autumnal lethargy, let me point you in the direction of the next two Sepia Saturday themes.



203 : Have you ever noticed how many photographs are taken in doorways? For Sepia Saturday 203 we are asking you to frame yourself - well frame your great uncle Joe - open the door, and enter into the spirit of things.



204 : It is 50 years since the assassination of JFK. It was one of those iconic moments in history, just like the assassination of Archduke Franz Ferdinand in 1914. So photographs of momentous moments is one of our themes for this week, along with anything else you might find in the photograph.

Back to Sepia Saturday 202 now. Take a look at that prompt image again and notice how the eyes of Felix the Cat follow you around the room. Spooky. Sepia Spooky.



29 comments:

Rosie said...

I came across these pictures of two beautiful sisters at Middle Island, Miramichi, NB. (This where boat loads of Irish people landed before going on to other parts of Miramichi, including Chatham, Newcastle and surrounding areas a long time ago). Chatham is steeped in Irish history.

Dee said...

Woohoo! Thanks to grandaunt Ruth Balding's photos, I can post some beach shots this time.

Dee

Jofeath said...

Very late last week, but early this week :-)

La Nightingail said...

Sing, sing, sing! I hope most folks know the tunes!

Postcardy said...

I have a postcard of an early 20th century sand artist.

Bel said...

I started off with a beach shot and started writing about serious earthquakes. Apologies for that!

Boobook said...

A beach, a dance or two and a stage performance.

Wendy said...

At last, an excuse to write about a photo of unknown girls with a funny little photo prop.

Alan Burnett said...

I am in. But I am still trying to finish the formatting of the book, so my visits to other blogs may be sporadic.

Bob Scotney said...

Beaches and family pics.

21 Wits said...

I'm here too, with an old memory!

Unknown said...

Tripods? I went all over the place with this one, including the priests of Apollo...

ScotSue said...

Cloche Hats are my theme for this week, so take a look at fashion in the 1920's.

Mike Brubaker said...

A rare non-musical post from me this weekend with a story about a black cat.

Kat Mortensen said...

Two weeks in a row! Woo hoo!

Howard said...

unusally sort-of-on-topic from me this week

DougVernX said...

I did a remake of on older post some folks might remember. It's a beach scene!

Unknown said...

aha I might have the same couple sans camera; unindentified to me, but?? I will be up in an hour or so.

Unknown said...

aha I might have the same couple sans camera; unindentified to me, but?? I will be up in an hour or so.

Jackie van Bergen said...

No beach shots for me - I'm starting Remembrance Day early with a blog and diary entries from my Uncle Ricky (war hero).

Anonymous said...

Family beach photos taken with a folding Kodak camera

Tattered and Lost said...

A signer of the Declaration of Independence? Unlikely.

Bruno Laliberté said...

A VERY SHORT POST FOR ME!!
And the cure for me, and Alan too!!
Time for me to play catch up now!!
It's now or never!!
:)~
HUGZ

Liz Needle said...

Not much on this topic. I think my ancestors may have been too prim and proper to wear beach costumes.

Kristin said...

Can't believe I posted last night and forgot to link. Building my uncle Louis' cottage in Idlewild.

Little Nell said...

Almost ran out of time......

Cassmob (Pauleen) said...

Oops, linked this week's post to last week's topic as well. Had to be a bit lateral.

Barbara Rogers said...

It's the anniversary of my dad's birth, 99 years ago, so I'm off topic (again)

Julie Goucher said...

Linked rather late for this week, or was it last week! - the first time I have joined for ages!