Monday 23 September 2013

Sepia Saturday 196: 28 September 2013

This week's prompt comes from the George Eastman House Collection on Flickr.com. in the set of Nickolas Muray. Regular Sepians who click on the link of his name will immediately recognise images of his that have been featured before. Yes I know they're anything but sepia and for that alone they are remarkable. Muray was a pioneering commercial photographer, responsible for establishing many of the conventions of colour advertising. This example is for an insurance advert and those Sepians who like to theme may choose from any number of prompts here. The photo appears to have been taken by the doctor, who has left his coat draped on the bedposts and his bag on the bed itself, thus ensuring that any bacteria is neatly carried on to his next patient. In addition we have a boy in bed, toys and patchwork quilt. If the prompt throws up (sorry) any other themes we look forward to reading them on your blog, which should be posted on or about 28 September. I've put a mini-banner at the foot of this post and it's virus-free - as far as I know and an injection of humour should cure it anyway.

Next, please link to your actual post (by clicking on its title within the post and clicking on the URL which this generates) to Mr Linky and then leave a comment below. Try to visit as many other contributors as you can and please make an effort to leave a comment, however small, as a sign of appreciation of their contribution.  Don't forget that there is a Sepia Saturday Facebook group too where bloggers often post extras and afterthoughts. We help one another out with technical issues and generally have fun. 

Now, before I hand over to Alan for the next few weeks, here are the upcoming prompts. I hope they give you the germ of an idea for your posts  and cultivate a lot of interest. (Time I had a holiday)

Marilyn
(Little Nell)

197 : We have all taken photos that are, shall we say, less than perfect. We celebrate these in SS 197 : the pointless photos, the blurred photos, the photos that would have been better left unprinted. But sometimes they tell a powerful story all on their own.



198 : It is 100 years since HMS Queen Elizabeth was launched at Portsmouth. Whilst this is not the Queen Elizabeth, it matters not, because in SS 198 we celebrate the start of something new. It might be a life, it might be a love, it might be a a new chicken coop or it might be a mighty ocean liner.



23 comments:

21 Wits said...

WooHoo, am I seriously the first to post this week? How wonderful that is, for a change.

ScotSue said...

Beds, boys and toys are my theme this week - not forgetting girls!

Jofeath said...

One thing leads to another ...

Postcardy said...

Originally, I was planning to use a postcard with insurance company advertising. I ended up using a Thanksgiving postcard because it has a picture of a sick looking boy in bed.

Little Nell said...

All this talk of bed has made me sleepy.

Mike Brubaker said...

Early this weekend with three boys who are not sick in bed but sTick instead.

DougVernX said...

This one is easy. I found a doctor's bag!

Anne Young said...

This was a prompt to look at the aunt, great aunt, great uncles, great great aunts and great great uncles who did not survive child hood :( We are so lucky now!

Wendy said...

I have a little cough but I'm not contagious.

Bob Scotney said...

Some little Herberts here and a larger on that would rather be in the USA.

Anonymous said...

A boy in bed, and a poem

dakotaboo said...

On the medical theme I have gone for nurses rather than doctors.

Kristin said...

Nobody is sick. A bed, a poem and some information about Snow Hill Institute in Alabama.

Alex Daw said...

Sweet dreams are made of this

Anonymous said...

Beds, Bairns and Books - they are inseparable, but lacking suitable photos I concentrated on the daytime reading to children.

Jackie van Bergen said...

Looking ill but things aren't always what they seem

Tattered and Lost said...

Who better to nurse you back to good health?

Liz Needle said...

No sick children in my family, so I have gone for cute, healthy ones instead.

Rosie said...

I had only to look at my present calendar for inspiration this week!!

Bruno Laliberté said...

Just what the doctor ordered...
;)~
HUGZ

Sharon said...

I procrastinated this week as had several options that came to mind immediately.

Alan Burnett said...

Sorry I am a bit late - circumstances beyond me control.

Howard said...

I'm not just late, but way off-topic too