Monday 17 June 2013

Sepia Saturday 182 : 22 June 2013



I rather like the quirky title for the above image 'Off to the Creamery' which comes from the Powerhouse Rural Life Set on Flickr Commons. If you like to match the theme of our Sepia Saturday prompts, how about: bowler hats, milk churns (or dairies), men (or women) posing on horseback, Australia, farms, or any combination of these. You don't have to theme at all of course and all we ask is that you post your response to the prompt for SS182 on or around Saturday 22nd June. Please link back to this Sepia Saturday page or add the mini-banner if your prefer. After you've published your own post don't forget to add the URL of the actual post into Mr Linky and then leave a comment below. Then you can enjoy visiting other Sepians and seeing what they've made of the prompt.

Before you gallop off to the milking parlour, take a look at the prompts I've chosen for the next two Sepia Saturdays. Some people like the advance warning so that they keep an eye out in antique shops and fairs. Or it may be that the image reminds you that you've something along those lines in a shoebox somewhere. Happy foraging!

Marilyn (Little Nell)

183: This 'Entrance to Wombeyan Caves'  in New South Wales could take you into grottoes, caverns, potholes or mines of information. Or it could you leave you completely in the dark - so bring a torch!


184: July 6th 1885 was when Louis Pasteur successfully treated a boy with a rabies vaccine. This plaque in Arbois is one side of a pillar dedicated to Pasteur and his achievements. I expect to see commemorative plaques aplenty, group portraits, or even mad dogs!



25 comments:

Annie Jeffries said...

Well, I have nothing to match the theme but yesterday was Father's Day and I happened to post four generations of fathers together and all in sepia. Hope you enjoy. I especially enjoyed the photo of the man on the horse. The bag in front of him actually looks like a small child.

Kristin said...

A photo of a mystery man on a horse and a story of a run-away horse.

Nigel Aspdin (Derby, UK) said...

No milk inspectors in my old albums so have had to rob the internet this week.

GeniAus said...

I've posted my very first Sepia Saturday contribution. Some of my men on horseback.

Jackie van Bergen said...

Rabbits on horseback for me this week! Just another from my Nanna's endless trunk of treasures.

dakotaboo said...

Horses for me this week, but not in the conventional sense ... a horse shoe with a connection to today's summer solstice.

Monica T. said...

My contribution today is about postal service back in the late 1800s and early 1900s (Sweden). Horses, coaches and postmen in uniform. My great-grandfather was a farmer but also a post coach driver.

Wendy said...

Horses -- no milk

Sharon said...

It was hard to choose this week so I ended up doing two......and could have done a third all about horses only.

Bob Scotney said...

Mainly milk churns, but a video got me cows and horses as well.

Little Nell said...

I was churning inside when I wrote this post!

21 Wits said...

Thank you Marilyn for hosting again! I posted a day early for me, just to be more caught up, and catch people's posts earlier!

Postcardy said...

I had a hard time deciding on cards that were interesting and not used before. I ended up just deciding on ones I think are "cute."

Brett Payne said...

Is it Saturday already? Just in time this week.

Unknown said...

Not a cow in sight, but I swear it's a real dairy farm!

DougVernX said...

Is a donkey post close enough? lol

Lavender and Vanilla Friends of the Gardens said...

Pictures tell the story.

Tattered and Lost said...

If you're lucky you'll never have to hold the horses tail.

Bruno Laliberté said...

I'm dragging that guy out of the country into the big city for an exotic ride!!
:)~
HUGZ

Alex Daw said...

Little Nell I posted this on the 15th June post as well - I'm officially a twit...sorry. Anyway I hope you enjoy my take on it...Shovel and Pick...aka in the Nick.

ScotSue said...

Nothing in my family history collection to match the horsey theme, so I have turned to look instead at equestrian statues - many military men and one woman.

Boobook said...

Welcome Jill:)
Some well-loved horses in my family albums that are identifed by name.

Liz Needle said...

Great theme this week. Lots of photos in my collection. Thanks for a good choice.

anyjazz said...

Horses were the only connection I could find to this week's suggestion. I've been planning to collect a page of them anyway.

Oregon Gifts of Comfort and Joy said...

Hi! How is everybody? I found a picture of a fellow on a donkey that I thought you might enjoy.

Kathy M.